Sunday 11 October 2015

Most exciting album release of 2015?

Evening all,

I bought two records this week and as you can guess - one of them I have been waiting for, for about 3 years now.

Its by a man named John Grant and its his third studio album as a solo artist entitled 'Grey Tickles and Black Pressure'.

It's rather delicious and I'm having great fun listening to it - I did do an unboxing video which I shall post you youtube in the near future but a review video will be forthcoming as well. Let me digest the album fully first. So what style is it - haunting baritone vocals over synth pop (in places) tracks. Plenty of anger and rage mixed with beautiful melodies and unexpected harmonies. Everyone should hear this man sing. I was lucky to see him just over a year ago in a relatively small venue and he was just mesmerising.




The only other album bought this week was a 1980 release by Gary Numan called 'Telekon' for £1. Only a quid for a lovely slab of 80's synth tastic hits!! I was equally as happy that the original poster and fan club leaflet were in the sleeve, not bad at all for the measly price that I paid. More to follow on this as it needs a good clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment