Sunday 14 July 2013

Metal anyone?

So this week has brought a few interesting purchases again.

Genesis - Foxtrot
The last album featuring Peter Gabriel on vocals (and other instruments) and arguably the best of their work. Drums are immense throughout and the album maintains direction and interest throughout. The only issue is that now I've listened to it, it'll be a while before I spin it again as it's not a 'can't stop listening to this' kind of album!

Shirley Bassey - Stops the shows
An absolute mint copy of this album with gorgeous G+L flip-back sleeve. Not really worth anything but I bought it because of the condition and also because its not another generic 'best of' that there seems to be so many of!

Guns N Roses - Use you illusion 2
Bought it this morning along with some other metal albums (for 50p each). not spun it yet but its in great condition and has some killer tracks on it.

I also bought a couple of Thunder singles. one is a picture disc for the single 'Back Street Symphoney', the other a blue 10" for 'She's So Fine'. The picture disc seems entirely pointless to me, the band are striking a pose with a plain red background.... there's no need for this picture disc surely? Is it a marketing ploy for die hard fans, a money maker for the record company - or just a fashionable thing to do at the time?

either way - I bought it so in a way....... its worked!

Final purchase is an excellent copy of R.E.Ms album 'Fables of the reconstruction of the fables.......'
I'll get back to you on this as I need to hear it first....

No comments:

Post a Comment